What is Air Canada Cancellation Policy?
Have you ever faced a situation where you had to cancel your Air Canada ticket while traveling? If so, you must be aware of Air Canada Cancellation Policy set by the airlines.
Air Canada is one of the biggest and widely preferred carriers of Canada in terms of fleet size and the number of passengers carried. One of the most beneficial part of travelling with Air Canada is its simple procedure that it has set for both canceling and rebooking a flight.
Changing or canceling a flight is not that an easy task and most people are not comfortable with the procedure. Moreover, people would hardly like to cancel their flight until and unless they are caught up in an emergency situation. There are situations that you cannot avoid and have to cancel your flight, whether you want or not. Thus, each and every person must be well aware of the cancellation policies so that you don’t end up paying more in the process.
If you are looking for an Air Canada cancellation flight, do not worry much as the airlines has a smooth cancellation policy that you need to follow while canceling your Air Canada ticket. You will also be given the opportunity to re-book another flight after you have cancelled your Air Canada flight.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to complete your Air Canada ticket cancellation procedure. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the process, everything will be answered. You just need to go through the enlisted procedure to cancel your ticket:
- Visit the official site of Air Canada and log in to your account by entering the required piece of information.
- Go to the Manage My Bookings section and click on it. The section is located on the top side of the page.
- Then you have to find out the particular flight booking that you are looking for by making an entry of your last name, reference number and your credit card number that was used to book your flight in order to update your booking.
- You then need to select the option of Cancel flight available on your flight booking page and press enter.
- After that, you have to go through the easy on-screen instructions and complete the cancellation procedure.
- Once you have completed the cancellation procedure, you will receive a confirmation message from the airline.
So, the next time you want to cancel booking Air Canada flights, you just need to follow the above-mentioned process. Another way to cancel your flight is by going to the booking section of your account and then selecting the particular flight that you want to cancel. You can also contact the airline customer service or contact on the Air Canada flight cancellation helpdesk, if you want any detailed information regarding the cancellation process.
Before you proceed with cancelling your Air Canada tickets, you should be well informed about the policies set by Air Canada.
You will be able to cancel your booking online if:
- You had made your original booking on aircanada.com
- When you have to cancel your entire booking.
- You have to cancel your flight at least two hours before the departure of your flight.
- You will only get a refund for cancelling your ticket if you have bought a refundable ticket and the airline does not have any provision to refund your money if you are traveling on a non-refundable ticket.
Air Canada 24-Hour Flexible Booking Policies
According to the policies set by Air Canada, you need to cancel your flight within 24 hours of your booking if you want to cancel your online booking without paying Air Canada cancellation flight charges. You will get your refund only after your request to cancel the ticket has been processed.
If you requested for an Air Canada cancellation after 24 hours of your booking the ticket, then you might have to pay the cancellation fee. You will also not be liable to get any refund for cancelling your flight if you have bought a promotional or sale ticket .
Air Canada Ticket Cancellation Policy for Refundable Tickets
If you have bought a refundable ticket, you need not worry as you will be refunded the entire money that you have spent on booking; provide you cancel the flight within 24 hrs. of your booking. The cost of a refundable ticket might charge you more than that of the non-refundable ones but you also get the added benefits. Moreover, if you make any changes within 24 hrs. of your Air Canada reservations, you are not required to pay any charges for making any changes in the current ticket. You might just have to pay the additional fare if there is any difference in fare and if your original ticket cost more than the current one, your refund will be credited in your account that can be used later for purchasing a ticket. When you have cancelled a ticket, you will receive the refund within 5-20 working days. It entirely depends on the mode of payment you had used while paying for your ticket.
Air Canada Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Tickets
On the other hand, if you are flying with a non-refundable ticket and have to cancel their flight due to unavoidable and emergency situations, then, according to Air Canada nonrefundable ticket cancellation policies, you are required to pay a minimum amount for cancelling the ticket. The Air Canada cancellation charges depends upon your selected route and the destination you are traveling to. The same condition applies for any changes that you wish to make in your flight ticket. You have to pay a basic fee for making changes and will also be charged the extra fee if there is any difference in fare.
If you face any issues regarding your payment, cancellations, refund or any airlines related queries, you can contact on the Air Canada ticket cancellation and solve your problems with their assistance.
Get Other Airlines Cancellation Policy